Friday, March 18, 2011

My Thoughts

I have five brothers and sisters. The oldest two sisters are married and both pregnant right now, so in three or four weeks, I get to go up to Logan for a couple of weeks and skip school to see the new baby. Teresa’s will be here first, the due date is actually the same day as my brother Kendall’s birthday. He will be my second nephew, and Rikki-Leigh’s new boy will be the third. When Rikki’s last son was born, her daughter would get really upset every time they talked about it. She would scream and cry about how she didn’t want a new brother or sister. Finally, my sister figured it out one day. Sara didn’t understand that they were going to add a brother or sister, she thought they were going to trade her sister Libby for a new one. Now, this time, she’s worried that if it ends up being a boy, she will be out-numbered, so she wants it to be a boy. I love having little kids around, especially when I’m not the one responsible for them. They always have something funny to say and they are usually happy and forgiving. I love especially when they snuggle up in your arms and fall asleep there.
I loved my junior prom. It was a blast! At lunch when we were excused on Friday, we went on a scavenger hunt for our date. We had very large group- 6 couples, but it was fun. We split up into 2 teams and we had to take pictures of us at certain places or doing something. I was with Caleb, Bubba and Ashley Stilson, and Jolynn and Weston. Caleb's mom made the list of things like fit everyone in your group under a picnic table or a bath tub, take a picture of everyone's reflection in something other than a mirror, and everyone has to drink out of the same soda can with straws. Then they took us home to get ready. I had 2 hours, which should have been enough, but we were a little late, and Aretha (doing my hair) got pretty nervous and Caleb had to wait a little for me, but Jacob Tuttle, with Tiffany funk, had baseball practice until 4 and was later than us anyway. I have no idea what was in the dinner, but it was very delicious and i might ask her for the recipe. The Hinkins did a very good job with promenade, and it turned out to be a ton of fun as well. Nathan Thompson was my partner, and at the end, we got to do the lift, but mom's camera ran out of memory right before that, so she didn't get pictures. Anyway, I was glad it turned out alright, it's one of the more fun dates I’ve been on. I did have a little trouble with my dress, but even that worked out. I was going to try to just borrow one I liked, but it's hard to find one small enough, especially in length and we couldn't really alter someone else's dress, then we thought about trying to make one, Phyllis and Wilene volunteered to help, but we couldn't find any decent patterns, finally, I found a really cute one online that was very similar to another I had tried on and liked but was a little pricey, but this one online was a on sale because they only had one left and it was such a small size, so we bought it. But then, several days later, this lady called and told me that they had sold the dress that we had bought and were waiting for in the mail to another girl. They weren't even very nice about helping to find a replacement for it. We eventually did find another that I liked though. It's a red one, you can see a picture sometime, but it was a mess finding it.

1 comment:

  1. I'll bet you are their favorite Auntie! Poor little Sara; that's kind of sad.

    ReplyDelete